Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mock Bug Out (MBO)

My goals for this MBO include:

* - live out of my BOB for 30 hours, providing safe water/food/shelter for myself

* - Get from my home to the Mock Bug Out Location (MBOL) staying off of major roads and avoiding letting people get close enough to shoot (or bite) me (assuming that they were in the mood)...

* - Multiple applications of the MBO Misadventure Simulator...I was thinking like 3-4 times during the MBO...


* - Try to find things in the BOB in the dark without a light (this'll test my organization)...find my way back to the MBO Location at night without a flashlight from a distance (using a partially shielded glowstick as a marker)...

* - Find a cached ammo-can in the dark using GPS and flashlight...also find another cached ammo-can using map and compass...they won't be holding anything BOB-ish for the MBO...no food, water, shelter, etc...

* - field-test and film some of my gear, old and new...stove, bivy, cathole shovel, ax, cookset, etc...

No comments: